Basic Skills Development
Guide on the Side provides expert instruction on how to:
- password protect your Mac, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, and files.
- backup (Time Machine and Clone) your entire device to protect against catastrophic failure.
- restore your system to a previous backup (e.g. recover from corruption, repairs or for new device).
- use remote assistance and learn why "just in time support" can be very useful
- install, use and keep updated an effective malware prevention solution.
- setup and maintain an effective firewall.
- install additional software programs.
- create audio or video playlists / export to share online or produce a dvd/cd.
- scan, print and/or fax, using your printer and/or computer and network.
- efficiently manage files; save and store personal items, such as photo's, letters, and other documents.
- use online storage solutions such as iCloud, Dropbox, etc.
- use a flash memory drive; take your data with you, while you are away from home or the office.
- set up and/or reset your home internet access , or wireless printer, as required.
- search for, review, and both securely and safely purchase items found on the Internet.
- manage your Internet browser (e.g. avoid "drive by shootings", block unwanted pop-ups; use safe extensions).
- efficiently use your device's Mail program, organize message history, reduce SPAM, send and receive attachments.
- locate relevant health-related social networks - give and share advice with peers worldwide.
- achieve a great deal more success and satisfaction with your computer and related digital devices.
Confidentiality and discretion is guaranteed.